Sesame seed walnut milk
In August, I shared all kinds of fun information with you about "seed cycling". Let's refresh!
Seed cycling is when you consume about a tbs a day of certain seeds based on where you are in your cycle.
- Menstrual phase: pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, and chestnuts.
- Follicular phase: cashews, pumpkin seeds, and flax seeds.
- Ovulatory phase: almonds, pecans, pistachios, and sesame seeds.
- Luteal phase: sesame seeds, walnuts, and sunflower seeds.
This is not an exhaustive list, simply a highlight of some of the nuts and seeds.
Seed cycling is thought to:
- help balance hormones
- reduce pms symptoms
- help release certain hormones
- possibly combat acne, fatigue, sleep issues, and other symptoms associate with hormonal imbalance
Since one of the easiest ways I've found to seed cycle is by creating nut and seed milks, I decided to share some of my favorite recipes with you!
Today's recipe contains sesame seeds which promote progesterone production, walnuts which are packed with omega-3 fatty acids, & coconut which supports the production & elimination of estrogen and progesterone.
This milk is creamy with a rich nutty flavor. I hope you'll love it!
In a bowl add the 1/4 cup walnuts and cover with 1 cup purified water. Cover the bowl and allow to soak at least 1 hour and up to overnight (8 hours).
Rinse walnuts and discard soaking water.
Add the walnuts, sesame seeds, dried coconut, and fresh purified water to a high speed blender.
Blend on medium high for 3-5 minutes.
Strain using a nut bag or cheesecloth.
If adding a sweetener, pour the strained milk back into the blender with the sweetener until well combined.
Optional sweeteners: 1 pitted date, 1 tsp raw honey, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tbs coconut sugar