Morning Sausage Bread
As a little girl, I remember waking up at my grandmother's home at Christmas to the smell of this amazing morning sausage bread. I made it today and it brought back so many incredible memories of my loved ones.
This bread is simple to make and sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. We don't cook with wheat very often in the Spiffy Eats kitchen, but this childhood recipe is absolutely perfect the way my grandmother makes it. I wouldn't change a thing.
- Allow Frozen bread dough to rise according to package directions.
- Using a rolling pin roll out the bread dough onto a flat and floured surface.
- Cook sausage according to package directions.
- Sprinkle the cooked sausage onto one edge of the bread dough.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of the cooked sausage.
- Roll the bread dough tightly around the meat and cheese into a log shape.
- Place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and lightly floured.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the crust becomes golden brown.