Clean Eating Turkey Leg Tacos
1. Tacos are awesome.
2. Giant tureky legs make me feel like a medeival queen.
3. Pressure cookers make everything easy.
For today's (late) edition of Monday Munchies I want to share with you a simple recipe for pressure cooker turkey tacos. Part of the inspiration for the recipe comes from this video. This guy is hilarious! And he shares really helpful details about using a pressure cooker to cook turkey legs.
For this recipe, I use the Gracious Pantry Clean Taco Seasoning. Any clean taco seasoning will work, but I recommend this recipe. You can choose whatever toppings you want. I chose to use lettuce, grass-fed cow's cheese, yellow tomatoes, whole fat greek yogurt, cilantro and lime.
1. Add 1 cup water to pressure cooker (enough to cover the bottom of the pressure cooker).
2. Rinse turkey legs and pat dry.
3. Add turkey legs to a gallon freezer bag. Then add your taco seasoning to the bag and Shake, Shake, Shake! Be sure to cover all parts of the turkey legs.
4. Add the turkey legs to the pressure cooker and cook on high (or on poultry setting) for 20 minutes. (You may want to cook longer or shorter. Cook until the meat is falling off the bone.)
5. Release pressure from the cooker and using tongs, remove the legs from the pressure cooker onto a plate to cool.
6. Allow to cool several minutes.
7. Once cool, remove the meat from the bone and shred.
8. Add shredded turkey to clean taco shells.
9. Top with whatever toppings you prefer!
Dj Cade (not verified)
Tue, 06/30/2015 - 12:56pm
Tue, 06/30/2015 - 1:50pm
Thank you! It really was! Let me know if you try it. You can also use a crockpot to make the turkey legs. Thanks for reading!
Add new comment