Warm Brandy Apple Cider for One
Here in Alabama the weather is perfectly dreary. The wind is howling, the sky is a beatiful gray, and the rain comes and goes. This Autumn weather calls for a warm drink to sip as you cozy up and watch the leaves fall from the trees. Our recipe for Warm Brandy Apple Cider will make a marvelous companion for all of the brisk Autumn days ahead.
1. In a small saucepan, over medium low heat, begin warming the apple juice.
2. Squeeze the grapefruit until most of the juice is in the saucepan.
3. Add the allspice to the saucepan.
4. Bring to a soft simmer, and simmer for about 5 minutes.
5. During the last 30 seconds of simmering, add the coconut sugar.
6. In a mug, add the shot of brandy.
7. Pour cider into the mug, garnish with an apple slice and enjoy your cozy Autumn drink.