Clean Eating Shopping List
Tuesday is shopping day every two weeks for me. Why Tuesday? To be honest, it's the day our local dairy Working Cow Organic delivers to my local store. I love getting my milk that first day and so I schedule that day to do all of my shopping. Today I wanted to share some basics that are on my regular clean eating shopping list. If you read my blog on 20 minute meals, you know that I usually follow an easy formula to make my dinners. The shopping list is based around that, but also includes snacks, lunches, and breakfasts. I buy almost everything organic when possible. The list does not specify organic, because it assumes the rule "organic when possible".
Here are links to the stores I mention: Publix, Aldi, Costco, V Richards, Pepper Place Market Piggly Wiggly
Here is what a list will usually look like for me.
- Pastured or all natural chicken breasts or whole chicken (Publix)
- Black Beans, Black Eyed Peas, Great Northern Beans (Publix)
- Wild Caught Salmon, frozen (Aldi)
- Grass-fed Beef (Publix)
- Local, humanely raised Pork (this is a personal choice because I trust my farmer, be sure you know where your pork comes from)
- Pastured or Cage-free Eggs (V Richards or Publix)
- Canned, Wild Caught, Dolphin Safe Tuna (Aldi)
- Ground Turkey (Publix or Aldi)
2. Vegetables (Follow the rule of the dirty dozen/clean 15. I purchase as many seasonal fruits and veggies at the Pepper Place Farmer's Market when possible.)
- Frozen Broccoli (Aldi)
- Spinach (Aldi or Publix)
- Cabbage (Publix)
- Mushrooms (Publix)
- Collards (Publix)
- Onions (Publix)
- Carrots (Publix)
- Sweet Potatoes (Publix)
- Bananas (Publix)
- Apples (Publix)
- Pears (Publix)
- Lemons (Publix)
- Grapefruit (Publix)
- Oranges (Publix)
- Strawberries (Publix)
- Canned Tomatoes (Costco)
- Canned Tomato Sauce (Costco)
- Canned Tomato Paste (Costco)
- Saurkraut (Publix)
- Quinoa (Publix)
- Brown Rice (Costco)
- Quinoa Pasta (Publix)
- Ezekial Bread (Publix)
- Whole Milk (Piggly Wiggly or V Richards)
- Whole Milk Yogurt (Publix or V Richards)
- Kerrygold Butter (Publix or Piggly Wiggly)
- Carrington Farms Coconut Oil (Costco)
- Chicken Broth (Aldi or Costco)
- Vegetable Broth (Aldi or Costco)
- Whole Fat Coconut Milk (Publix)
- Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar (Publix)
So that's what my ongoing shopping list looks like! Are there items you purchase that I should add to my regular list? Share them with me in the comments. Also, please share a link to your blog if you have one. I would love to read it!
Mia Ransom Parnell (not verified)
Tue, 11/04/2014 - 8:39pm
What a great list! I'm unable to drink cow's milk of any kind but I love the plain and vanilla Greek yogurt from Aldi's. I use it in smoothies and with cereal and granola.
Wed, 11/05/2014 - 11:16am
Mia, thank you for reading! Aldi is a great store. They have lots of good, clean options. I'll have to give the Greek yogurt a try!
Nadine (not verified)
Wed, 11/05/2014 - 4:32pm
This list is perfect! So helpful for keeping it clean and getting in the basic staples!
Thu, 11/06/2014 - 1:32pm
Nadine, you're so kind! I'm really glad you enjoyed the list. I must admit that grocery day gets me way too excited. I love shopping for healthy foods.
Add new comment