*** If you are avoiding processed oils, then follow the recipe as is. If you don't mind a little oil, I recommend adding a small amount of vegan shortening in the pie pan before adding the crust. My crust stuck a little.
1. Make your egg substitute. I substituted for 3 eggs.
2. In a large mixing bowl add your egg substitute, coconut sugar, molasses, maple syrup, nut milk, dash of cinnamon, & vanilla extract. Whisk until thoroughly combined. (you may have some chunks of the egg substitue. this is totally fine and will work itself out in the oven).
3. Add the pecans to the pie shell covering the entire bottom of the shell.
4. Pour your mixture over the pecans.
5. Place your pie onto a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes (halfway through the cooking you may need to cover the edges of the pie shell with aluminum foil. this is a pain in the butt, but totally worth it- nobody wants a burnt pie crust!)
6. Allow the pie to cool completely (if you can wait that long once the heavenly smells fill your kitchen) and enjoy!
Inspired by this recipe for traditional southern pecan pie from The Country Cook.