Beer Pumpkin Spice Bread
I'm so excited to finally share this fun recipe collaboration with Good People Brewing Company with you!
This recipe combines two of my favorite things: pumpkin spice & local fair. Most of you know that beer is something I indulge in occasionally, so when I decide to have one, I want it to be really delicious and high quality. Bearded Lady hits the spot! It's by far my favorite local beer and it goes perfectly with the flavors of the season.
This bread uses spelt flour, orange zest, and DAK'S pumpkin spice which all bring out the subtle citrus flavors of the beer. Pumpkin seeds & sunflower seeds add some extra nutrition with healthy fats, unsweetened apple sauce makes for a fluffier bread than traditional recipes that use oil, and the superfood coconut shortening used to grease the pan give this bread its beautiful crust. So grab a spot on the couch, cozy up with a soft blanket, and dive into a slice of delicious, spiced, pumpkin bread!
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine your coconut sugar, apple sauce, beer & honey in stand mixer (or hand mixer) and beat at medium speed until well blended. Add your eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after you add each egg. Add your pumpkin, and beat the mixture on low until just blended.
- Whisk your spelt flour, white flour, baking powerder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, orange zest, and pumpkin spice in a separate bowl until combined. Slowly add your flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and beat at low, just until blended.
- Grease two loaf pans with your superfood shortening (I use my hands) & pour the mixture evenly into both pans.
- Bake at 350° for 55 minutes to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until you can stick a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean (cover the sides of the bread with aluminum foil if it starts to burn).
- Cool bread in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and cool 30 minutes before slicing.
- Enjoy with a glass of Bearded Lady Wheat Ale for the optimum flavor pairing!