Gluten Free Holiday Wreath
One tradition from my childhood that I always remember this time of year is my mother's Christmas Wreath. I remember exactly what the house smelled like as the butter and marshmallows melted, I remember the movements of her hands as she stirred in the crunchy corn cereal. I remember her eating little pieces as she shaped the wreath. And most of all I remember the feeling of family. In those moments, everything was perfect.
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
2. Once the butter is melted, add all the marshmallows and stir contantly until the marshmallows are melted.
3. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract and food coloring until well combined.
4. Add the corn cereal and stir until all the cereal is coated in the marshmallow mixture.
5. Using two spoons (if you use your hands this stuff will stick to them like crazy!), pour the mixture onto parchment paper that has been sprayed with a little gluten free non stick spray.
6. Form into a wreath (using the spoons).
7. Sprinkle with the red hots candies.
Lennie Mattox (not verified)
Wed, 11/11/2015 - 12:58pm
Thanks for sharing.
Wed, 11/11/2015 - 1:01pm
Thanks for always making these! Loved having them growing up! And now!
Dj Cade (not verified)
Wed, 11/11/2015 - 1:03pm
Looks incredible, can't wait to try this. Seems to be something good to take to a Christmas party as well.
Add new comment