Pumpkin Spice Donuts
Pumpkin season is here and I'm celebrating by adding pumkin and pumpkin spice to everything! These donuts are simple, quick, and absolutely delicious! They were inspired by a lovely recipe from Sally's Baking Addiction Baked Pumpkin Donuts.
If you're a fan of pumpkin, but not pumpkin spice, you can leave it out and add cinnamon instead! I like a less sweet donut with a sweeter icing, so I kept the amount of sugar in the donuts light, but you could definitely add a little more sugar to the donuts themselves for a sweeter flavor. These are also delicious without the icing- so leave that out if you like.
1. Preheat oven to 350 Farenheit.
2. Add all dry ingredients to a medium sized bowl and whisk to combine, then set aside. (Dry ingredients are the first five ingredients, the sugar will be added with wet ingredients),
3. In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment add all wet ingredients in the order listed above. Mix on low speed until just combined, don't overmix.
4. Set your mixer on low speed and slowly add your dry ingredients until just combined. Don't overmix.
5. Using a spatula, add your mixture to a pastry bag and cut off the tip.
6. Grease your donut pan, then slowly pipe the batter into each donut slot in the pan.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the tops of the donuts just start to brown.
8. Optional: Make a glaze by combining 1/2 a cup of powdered sugar with 1 teaspoon of milk at time until your glaze reaches the desired consistency. I like a thick frosting-like consistency, but you can definitely thin it out if you prefer.
Add new comment