Goat Cheese Appetizer
Today I have a delightful recipe to share with you! It is perfect to whip up when you have a party to attend this Holiday season. This recipe is adapted from Anne Byrn Saves the Day, a cookbook with fantastic recipes designed to "rescue any occasion". I had the privilege of going to a live demo of this recipe and have been wanting to try it out ever since. The original recipe calls for cream cheese. I chose to use whole fat greek yogurt, as most store bought cream cheeses do not have a very clean ingredient list. (Sidenote> I have learned that you can substitue healthy whole fat greek yogurt for tons of ingredients including: cream cheese, sour cream, heavy whipping cream, etc! I am on a major yogurt kick, and it's here to stay!) I also chose to use apricot preserve in place of the fig preserve (this decision is based solely on the availability of all natural apricot in my local Publix), but the flavors worked together nicely! I hope you enjoy my adaptation of this yummy appetizer.
1. Lightly mist a mini loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. Line it with parchment paper.
2. Place the goat cheese and yogurt in a medium size bowl and blend with an electric mixer on low for about 30 seconds (until creamy). Using a rubber spatula, lightly press the cheese mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
3. Spoon the pesto over the cheese mixture being sure to spread it out evenly. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and chill for at least an hour, preferrably overnight.
4. Just before serving, remove plastic wrap and invert the cheese loaf onto a serving plate (the pesto will now be on the bottom).
5. Spoon over the preserves and sprinkle with nuts.
6. Wow your friends and family with this simple, elegant looking appetizer!
Always choose organic, non-gmo certified or all natural when possible on all ingredients.