Magical Blue Miso Latte
Balanced eating, balanced activity, balanced hormones. Some days everything feels in sync and I'm on top of the world with all three.
Other days, I've got to choose just one because- LIFE HAPPENS!
I recently had one of these days, and I chose to prioritize hormone balance. I had a debilitating headache that had me in bed with an ice pack most of the day. So, I focused the small amount of physical and mental energy I had on putting food in my body that I knew would balance my hormones.
And that's how this magical blue miso latte was born. Perk? It also made a huge difference in knocking out that rotten headache.
Miso is a paste made from fermented soybeans.**** If you're like me up until a few days ago, you've probably only had it in miso soup.
- Packed with B vitamins, vitamin E, K, & folic acid
- Beneficial to gut health because of the fermentation
- Thought to smoothe out the estrogen drop during PMS
If you know the flavor of miso, you might be thinking, "miso latte? wha?"
But, trust me. The flavor is outstanding, the texture is creamy, and the health benefits*** speak for themselves.
1. Add purple pea flowers to a mug and top with the hot water. Steep for 3 minutes. Remove purple pea flowers and discard.
2. Add your newly made purple pea flower tea to your high powered blender along with all the other ingredients.
3. Blend until a lovely froth is formed.
4. Serve and enjoy your rich, sweet magical blue latte!
****Organic Soy products.
Soy is one of those products I always purchase organic. Because soy is known to have a powerful impact on the body, it's super important to me to make sure my soy comes from a good source I can trust.
Brands I use in this latte:
***Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or nutritionist. I am simply sharing my experience of what works for me. Please consult a professional with health-related questions.